Relaxations in FDI Regulations

Relaxations in FDI Regulations

One more icing on the cake initiation for ease of doing business announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Ministry of Finance on “Make in India” concept.

Today, Government announces comprehensive relaxations in many sectors of FDI regulations’, with major emphasis on allowing 100% FDI in single-brand retail & other varied areas. This decision shall make FDI norms in various sectors much more attractive destination for overseas investors.

The key segment of variation is the aviation sector, in which an Indian national now can acquire 51% of Air India and the remaining of 49% are for the Extraneous Investors, along with allowing 100% FDI in single-brand retail and in Real estate branding under automatic routes.

This is a step towards tremendous development in the Retail Sector of the Nation. Removal of significant stumbling block can cause delay for overseas retailers to meet 30% of local sourcing norms by five years and also such approvals for investments have been made automatic.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi, is expected to show case the Indian companies Investment potential in World’s Economic Forum, Davos. The relaxation in FDI norms at this moment will not only attract additional foreign capital, but will also provide a much needed drive to the retail and real estate sector growth, at a time when both sectors of the Indian industry is looking forward and various biggies of the retail are eyeing India as a potential and growing market.


Read Also:- Relaxations In FDI Regulations



Our Corporate Professional Team is ever willing to provide assistance on any issue concerning GSTInsolvency and Bankruptcy LawBusiness Model Advisory in India and Abroad, Customs LawCorporate & Commercial AdvisoryIPRs. Secretarial Compliance, Agreement Drafting & Negotiations etc. you may write us on,  

Best Regards,

Corporate Professional Team

Leave your comment

Please enter your name.
Please enter comment.
Recent Post
Our Corporate Presentation

Reach Out

Direct & Indirect Tax

Insolvency and bankruptcy code

rera estate planning

IPR law

Business advisory

Our Attorney
Our Best Post



As per the rules of the Bar Council of India, we are not permitted to solicit work and advertise. By clicking “I agree” below, you acknowledge the following:

There has been no advertisement, personal communication, solicitation, invitation or inducement of any sort whatsoever from us or any of our members to solicit any work through this website;
The user wishes to gain more information about us for his/her own information and use;
The information about us is provided to the user only on his/her specific request and any information obtained or materials downloaded from this website is completely at the user’s volition and any transmission, receipt or use of this site would not create any lawyer-client relationship.

The information provided under this website is solely available at your request for informational purposes only, should not be interpreted as soliciting or advertisement. We are not liable for any consequence of any action taken by the user relying on material/information provided under this website. In cases where the user has any legal issues, he/she in all cases must seek independent legal advice.